What Are the Benefits of Tourism Accreditation?
With so many business and professional development, marketing, networking, and commercial discounts, benefits and opportunities available exclusively to Tasmanian Tourism Accredited operators, your annual accreditation fee can easily pay for itself!
Promote Your Business With the Tick of Tourism Quality
- Ability to display the National Tourism Accredited Business ‘tick’ logo on your marketing materials, websites and business premises. Tell your customers and fellow industry members that they can trust the tick, because you’re committed to tourism quality!
- Ability to use the Tasmania Quality Assured logo which incorporates the Brand Tasmania mark, a brand being promoted internationally associated with Tasmania’s quality experiences and products.
- Benefit from the promotion of the Tasmania Quality Assured and Australian Tourism Accredited Business to visitors through www.discovertasmania.com, on Tourism Brochure Exchange Racks throughout Tasmania, at Tasmanian Visitor Information Centres, on the Discover Tasmania website, through the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse website network, in the Tasmania Travel Guides and on the www.qualitytourismtas.com.au websites.
- In January all Tourism Accredited businesses will be provided with promotional collateral (DL, A4 Flyers, Tent Cards) in assisting to further promote to their customers the benefits of choosing a Quality Assured business.
Access Exclusive Marketing Opportunities
- Your own personal online customer survey form on your listing on www.qualitytourismtas.com.au. Just find your listing and select “Give Feedback” and you will see your own personalised Customer Survey website location that looks something like this – http://trusttheticktas.com.au/tours/yukon-tours/feedback. This URL can be used on your website, emails etc. When your customers complete a survey an email will be automatically sent through to you. They also have the opportunity to nominate you for the yearly People’s Choice Award announced at the Tasmanian Tourism Awards Gala dinner each November.
- Apply for Tourism Directional Signage through the Department of State Growth (Transport)
- Enjoy preferred status for promotional opportunities generated by Tourism Tasmania’s Visiting Journalist Program.
- Receive preferential brochure display at all ‘yellow i’ Tasmanian Visitor Information Centres – plus discounted brochure display at many of these centres.
- Achieve Rainbow Tasmania Tourism Accreditation – it’s free of charge with TICT – and then use the Rainbow Tasmania logo to confidently market your business as LGBTI friendly.
- Sign up to participate in cross-promotions with Tasmania Parks & Wildlife and use the ‘Share the Wonder’ logo (CVS licensed operators).
- Become a UTAS Friendly operator and market directly to international students and their visiting friends and relatives through the Let’s Explore Tasmania discount card program.
Support Your Business Development
- The ability for you and your staff to attend Quality Tourism Workshops during the year free of charge.
- Achieve and maintain important Passenger Transport Operator accreditation with TICT-organised, PTOA audits.
- Maintain a Commercial Visitor Services License to operate in Tasmania’s parks and reserves, using Tourism Accreditation with TICT to meet the conditions of your contract.
- Apply for tourism-associate membership of the Tasmanian Hospitality Association to gain access toindustrial relations advice, further corporate partnership discounts and more.
- Use your Tourism Accreditation as powerful evidence of your tourism quality and sound business practices,and seek additional written support from TICT, when writing grant applications, award submissions and more.
Benefit from Industry Knowledge and Networking
- Get your free TICT Tourism Accredited Operators Handbook, full of useful and up to date information, tips, and industry contacts.
- Receive the fortnightly TICT industry e-newsletter, Snapshots, with the latest news, views and opportunities for tourism operators.
- Attend regular professional development events, workshops, training, information sessions and consultation, industry networking events, and other opportunities – including the Tasmanian Tourism Conference and Tasmanian Tourism Awards –discounted or held exclusively for Tourism Accredited operators through TICT.
Take Advantage of These Special Exclusive Deals on Goods and Services
- Spirit of Tasmania: up to 50% off passenger fares on selected sailings
- Steadfast Taswide Insurance Brokers: 25% discount on your annual Tourism Accreditation fee when you engage Steadfast Taswide Insurance Brokers
- Cooper Automotive: 15% discount on labour charges
- Commonwealth Bank: free Business Financial Health Checks and special rates on merchant services
- Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre: $82.50 off brochure display, plus access to advertising opportunities only available to Tourism Accredited businesses
- Beautiful Accommodation: 3-month free listing trial and 20% advertising discount, conditions apply
- Innkeepers Tasmania: free consultation and distribution assessment
- moretas4less: free business promotion
- Tourism eSchool: 20% discount on your first eCourse
- St John Ambulance: 10% discount
- SiteMinder: extended 4-week booking system trial
- Crowe Horwath: a waiver on your personal simple tax return fee when you join as a business client
- BUPA Australia: 6 weeks free when you take out both hospital and extras cover
- Bistec Tasmania: discounted pricing on Kyocera, IdealPos and Unibind products
- Brochure Buddy: subscription before December 31, an additional 3 months for free (total subscription of 15 months)
- Tasmanian Visitor Information Network Inc: Preferential brochure display
For more details on these specials and a full list of TICT preferred tourism industry suppliers for 2016 go to http://www.tict.com.au/partners.