2013 Tasmanian Tourism Awards Entrant Support
- Mid May - Awards Launch and Nominations Open
- 26 July - Nominations Close (except individual categories)
- Early August - Entrant Workshops
- August - On-site Verification Visits (for applicable categories)
- 11 September - Submissions Close
- Late September - Judging
- 9 October - Finalists Announced & Gala Bookings Open
- 8 November - Gala Dinner
Entrant WorkshopsTICT runs entrant workshops in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie. We were extremely fortunate to have Karen Fitzgerald and Ian Waller run these workshops in 2013. If you were unable to attend our free entrant workshops this year.
MentoringIf you are looking for assistance with your submission, contact Trina Mangels for a list of submission mentors and writers.
If you are thinking about engaging the services of a consultant, please consider the following:
- Using a consultant does NOT guarantee a win
- Choose a consultant with proven experience in award submission writing and an excellent understanding of tourism
- Make sure you get a quote
- Don’t underestimate the amount of time still required from you
- Be prepared with all relevant documentation
- Plan a schedule / timetable with your consultant to ensure you stay on track
- Remember, consultants can only write about what you actually do
- Don’t leave it until the last minute!
Mock JudgingTICT received great feedback on this service last year so we have contracted our Mock Judge again for 2013. The mock judging review service is available to all entrants in the business categories, on a fee-for-service basis.
Our Mock Judge for 2013 has a wealth of Awards knowledge, having aided in developing the category criteria and rules, written State and National Award winning submissions and been a judge for the NSW Tourism Awards. In addition to this experience the Mock Judge is not from Tasmania, and therefore like many National judges, will have no prior knowledge of your business. This opportunity is open to all entrants, across all categories (except individual Awards).
Mock judging is available on your draft submission any time between Thursday 1 August - Monday 26 August 2013.
How does it work?:
Step 1) Email your draft submission to email@example.com
Step 2) Trina will forward to our Mock Judge for review
Step 3) Please allow at least 48 hours for turnaround
Step 4) First mock judge report = $75 per submission
Step 5) Additional mock judge reviews = $50 per submission
Step 6) TICT will invoice you accordingly
Please note: Submissions will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. This is a great opportunity to have your submission fine-tuned so we encourage you to take advantage of this valuable, cost effective service.
Awards AdvanceAwards Advance is an e-newsletter just for entrants in the Tasmanian Tourism Awards, and will keep you up to date with all Awards related news, as well as providing important information on site visits, mentoring, submission development tips and more. Subscribe now to stay informed.
View Edition 2013/01
View Edition 2013/02
View Edition 2013/03
View Edition 2013/04
View Edition 2013/05
View Edition 2013/06
View Edition 2013/07
View Edition 2013/08
Enter word verification in the box below: