The Qantas Australian Tourism AwardsThe Qantas Australian Tourism Awards (QATA) recognise and promote excellence in tourism. They are the pinnacle of achievement for the tourism industry across Australia.
Finalists are drawn from the State and Territory Tourism Awards winners (including the Tasmanian Tourism Awards) across 29 categories including attractions, tour and transport operators, accommodation, events and new tourism development.
Congratulations to Tasmanian WinnersThe 2015 Qantas Australian Tourism Awards winners were announced at a Gala Dinner on February 5th 2016 the Melbourne Convention Exhibition Centre. Congratulations to all Tasmanian winners and finalists.
- Tourist Attractions: Bruny Island Cruises
- Ecotourism: The Tasmanian Walking Company
- Business Event Venue: The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- Hosted Accommodation: Curringa Farm Tours and Accommodation
- Self Contained Accommodation: Avalon Coastal Retreat
- Deluxe Accommodation: The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
- New Tourism Business: Pumphouse Point
- Major Tourist Attractions: Port Arthur Historic Site
- Cultural Tourism: Port Arthur Historic Site
- Specialised Tourism Services: Cruisin' Motorhomes
- Visitor Information Services: Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre
- Unique Accommodation: Avalon City Retreat
- Standard Accommodation: Sandpiper Ocean Cottages
- Luxury Accommodation: Saffire Freycinet
- Excellence in Food Tourism: Farm Gate Market
- Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism: The Tasmanian Walking Company