Rainbow Tasmania Tourism AccreditationTourism Industry Council Tasmania, in consultation with Rainbow Communities Tasmania Inc and, Coming Out Proud Program Community Liaison Committee, have developed Rainbow Tasmania Tourism Accreditation for industry.
The Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP) Rainbow Tasmania Tourism Accreditation is for operators who want to truly become a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex (LGBTI) friendly business. All tourism businesses, no matter where they are located or the size of the business, are likely to receive enquiries and bookings from members of the LGBTI community.
Rainbow Tasmania Tourism Accreditation provides the opportunity for operators to show that their business treats all people in the same non-discriminatory manner and provides a safe and comfortable environment for their LGBTI clients.
What Are the Benefits?Rainbow Tasmania Tourism Accreditation provides tourism businesses with:
- The ability to display the Rainbow Tasmania Tourism Accreditation logo on all promotional material;
- The confidence you and your staff need to deal with LGBTI clientele effectively;
- Greater LGBTI client satisfaction;
- Assurance that your business is compliant with the Anti-Discrimination Act 1998 (Tas);
- A marketing edge when communicating with this group.
- As of 2014 the TigerTour database (discovertasmania.com) will only display the rainbow Tasmania symbol alongside tourism products and services that have completed Rainbow Tasmania Tourism Accreditation.
How Much Does It Cost?Rainbow Tasmania Tourism Accreditation is free of charge for Tourism Accredited Businesses.
Who Should Apply?This accreditation is designed for tourism accredited businesses of all sizes and types interested in delivering tourism services to LGBTI customers.
Simply complete answers to the criteria and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org for assessment. We encourage you to provide any supporting information with your application.
Further InformationFor further information on Rainbow Tasmania Accreditation please contact Trina Mangels:
Tourism Industry Council Tasmania
Phone: (03) 6231 2244