2015 Tasmanian Tourism Awards - Important Changes
There are some important changes for 2015 that all entrants must ensure they are aware of:
- NEW CATEGORY QUESTIONS – Please ensure that you that you download the new 2015 Category Questions. It is strongly recommended that you attend one of the 2015 Entrant Workshops during which there will be discussion and tips on how to answer each of the sections and their questions.
- CATEGORY DELETIONS IN 2015 – There have been the following category deletions at a National level due to poor entrant numbers across Australia making them unsustainable to retain:
- Tourism Education and Training
- Backpacker Accommodation
- Local Government Award for Tourism
- NEW CATEGORIES FOR 2015 – There have been one new category introduced nationally and one new category being trialled just within Tasmania:
- COMPULSORY ACCREDITATION – Starting in 2015, entrants to the Tasmanian Tourism Awards must be accredited to enter (ie AAA Tourism, ATAP, Ecotourism Australia, CIAA or similar).
The categories exempt from having to be accredited are 3, 4, 14, 15, 16 & 24.
Please have your Accreditation number and type details ready for when you nominate.
- NEW TIMELINE – Take note of all the Important Dates for 2015, especially the nomination, submission and entrant support dates which have changed in timing to that of 2014.
- REGISTRATION FOR ENTRANT SUPPORT – This year we are continuing with the opportunity for entrants to engage in Entrant Workshops, Face to Face Mentoring and Email Mentoring as part of their entry fee. There is also going to be a special Conference Workshop on the 2nd June, 2015 as part of the Tasmanian Tourism Conference called “Looking for the Winning Edge”. Please ensure you register your interest in each of these options so that we can allocate you space in advance.
- SITE VISITS – This year site visits will occur after the submission of your entry sometime between Saturday 29th August and Thursday 17th September, 2015. It is very important that you make yourself available during these dates. If there is any issues with any of the dates within this timeframe please notify Trina Mangels at email@example.com urgently.
- ADDITIONAL BUSINESS INFORMATION WHEN UPLOADING SUBMISSION – New in 2015, required nationally. All business categories are required to complete the ‘business profile’ section to provide state and national judges with a snapshot of the size of your business and a context to assist them as they assess the submission.
There is a box at the bottom of each category sheet that is different depending on the category. You will need to have this information ready for when you upload your submission in August 2015. Following is an example of what it looks like.
Entrants should complete to the best of their ability with the information they have at hand.
Previous entrants to these categories are encouraged to look at alternative categories such as 08 Specialised Tourism Services (Tourism Education & Training), 18 Hosted Accommodation or 21 Standard Accommodation (Backpacker Accommodation), 14 Destination Marketing (Local Government Award for Tourism).