2016 Tasmanian Tourism Awards - Entrant Support Program
Included in your nomination fee are a number of important entrant support options that we recommend all entrants engage in. The timing of these support options are scheduled to fall along the recommended timeline of preparation for your submission.
01. Entrant WorkshopsThis workshop is run by Tourism Awards Coordinator, Emma Wells, Tourism Awards Mentor, Sam Denmead and Simon Stubbs, Chair of Judges. This workshop provides:
- A summary of the categories, important timings and key changes for 2016
- An insight into the submission judging process
- Guidance on preparing for your site visit
- Important question by question tips on preparing your Tourism Awards Submission
- Includes snapshot examples of National Award Winning Submissions
It is recommended that ALL entrants attend one of these workshops, whether they are a new or long time entrant.
Monday 6th June, 1-3pm
Cradle Coast Authority Office, 1-3 Spring Street
Tuesday 15th June, 1-3pm
TNT Office, Centreway Arcade, L1/17-19 Paterson St
Thursday 9th June, 10am-12pm
TICT Office, 30 Burnett Street, North Hobart
Thursday 23rd June, 1-3pm
The Grange Meeting & Function Centre, 87 High Street
02. Entrant Mentoring
You have the opportunity to gain valuable one-on-on guidance from an experienced mentor. To participate you must first secure your spot by registering your interest. Then, email the final version of your final draft to the Entrant Mentor to receive feedback prior to your final upload onto the e-awards portal. The Entrant Mentor will read over submissions, provide written feedback and arrange one on one discussion time.
The deadline for providing your first draft to the mentor is dependent on the category you enter - categories 1-13 are due by Friday 15 July and categories 14-26 by Friday 29 July.
Register your interest in this mentoring option by the 15th June 2016 at the latest.
03. "Entering the Tourism Awards – The Biggest Prize Isn’t Always the Gold" Conference Workshop
If you are attending the Tasmanian Tourism Conference in Launceston in May and are thinking about entering the 2016 Tasmanian Tourism Awards, make sure you register for this special Awards Workshop on Wednesday 11 May. Click here for more information. The cost of attending this is not included in your nomination fee.
04. Awards Advance Newsletter
There will be a regular Awards Advance Newsletters with tips, advice, updates and reminders on key important milestones and dates. It’s highly recommended that you subscribe to this Newsletter and take the time to read it.